April 30, 2020
DMI-APWU ZOOM MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
- We will be holding Zoom meetings M, T and Th beginning next week
- Current standing Hawkeye District positive Covid-19 cases – 13, Western Area – 87, Nationally -1420
- Management is taping circles around the PASS machine to encourage social distancing; however many say it is ineffective
- Hold mail for business customers is being extended through May 30 with a 15-day grace period
- Reviewed criteria for Return to Work following positive Covid-19 diagnosis
- Please take time to wipe down your work areas and equipment
- Labor Management meeting today, discussed mandatory masks in areas where social distancing not possible (PASS, Registry, etc). Also addressed certain areas not receiving Safety Service Talks. These are built into your bid. If you are not receiving these, please let us know.
- New face shields made by Iowa Central Community College are popular. More to be delivered next week. Thanks Tom & Kelly from Fort Dodge!
- Discussed use of fans and ordering cooling towels with warmer weather on the way.
- Some offices still waiting on plexiglass. Maintenance is working on installing. Some offices are using a combination of vinyl and plexiglass to maintain full coverage.
- Discussed scanner hygiene. Everyone should wipe down prior to and after use.
- Those who refuse to adhere to mandatory Coronavirus policy, such as masks/social distancing, may face discipline. It is a condition of employment, so please follow as instructed.
- Met with Joni Ernst’s today and discussed needs of USPS (25B requested from Board of Governors, 75B from PMG Brennan) as well as expanding services such as internet, postal banking, license renewals, notaries, etc.
- USPS is in the forefront of many political campaigns and gaining attention at town halls
- You should have received your Absentee Ballot request. Please Vote by Mail!
- PLEASE CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO EXPRESS THE DIRE NEED FOR USPS TO BE INCLUDED IN A CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS PLAN! If the USPS does not receive funding, they’re projected to be broke by September. Save your job! Make the call!
Grassley – (202)224-3744Ernst – (202)224-3254
- Hawkeye District OHNA fax – (515)251-2080
- To call on Governor Reynolds to issue shelter-in-place, call (515)281-5211 Option 1
Please join the DMI-APWU zoom meeting by emailing Mike Bates firstname.lastname@example.org to stay up to date on the latest USPS Covid-19 news. Stay informed, get involved and be safe!