Mandatory Retail Stand-Up Talk
COVID-19 Prevention and Response
March 19, 2020
On a daily basis, we interact with our customers in the lobby to transact business. The safety and well-being of our employees is our highest priority, especially in response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). To ensure the health of our employees, we are continuing to follow recommended guidance and measures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and your local health department.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Retail Lobby and Equipment
Increase cleaning of frequently touched surfaces in the workplace including the Self-Service Kiosk (SSK), Mobile Point of Sale (mPOS), Customer Display Units (CDUs), counters, PO Boxes, parcel lockers, door handles and knobs. Also, offer hand sanitizer and/or wipes to customers who are responding to questions on the CDU. In addition, some have found success with using cotton swabs, erasers, tongue depressors and Popsicle sticks to respond on the CDU.
- Use of the mPOS is suspended where it requires close customer contact.
- Use of Lobby Assistants is suspended where it requires close customer contact.
- Suspend passport fairs only. Continue to accept Passport applications/photos – use the Retail Customer Appointment Scheduler (RCAS).
- SSA window training and Competitive Advantage training currently scheduled are to be kept to a capacity of no more than 10 employees at a time – including instructor.
- Customer must sign for any item that requires a signature. If refused, the item should be held for the allotted time and then return to sender if not picked up.
- If a customer is unable/unwilling to touch the CDU to respond to the Hazmat question, the clerk must verbally ask the hazmat question, receive a verbal response and respond accordingly on the RSS.
- CPUs closures or hour reductions – contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Postal Service has introduced Blue and LiteBlue webpages to share information with you about COVID-19. The Blue page, located at https://blue.usps.gov/blue/covid-19/welcome.htm, is available on any computer connected to the Postal Service network. The link is under Featured Topics on the left and is highlighted red. The LiteBlue site is located at https://liteblue.usps.gov/covid19. Additional information can be found by selecting the “COVID-19” link in the Hot Topics box at the top left side of the home page.